Atlanta Encore

Bruce bkawak at chartertn.net
Wed Jan 3 17:01:43 CST 2007

I got the Atlanta encore discs today.  First off I think some people need to check their definition of "knee slide". :)  If you're looking for the epic slide in TKAA you will disappointed.  After the "Then I'll get on my knees and pray. We don't get fooled again." line Pete says "and I pray".  He walks across the stage drops to one knee, clasps his hands (like he's praying) and gets up.

Roger's vocals were as remembered pretty good for 2006.  There are a few minor crackles but nothing major.  He didn't even attempt that bit at the end of Mirror Door, just letting Simon do it.  You could make the case for his best vocals of the tour. At least with the shows I've seen on DVD.  I know Brian said Roger in Atlanta was much better than at MSG.  Zak too was spot on as he was live.

The big difference between live and the disc is Pino.  I was dead center on the floor and could barely hear him with rare exception.  He is the up front and clear. I have some pro-shot shows with The Ox with lower bass levels.  It makes all the difference in the world.

You want to see/hear a good show get Atlanta.

Bruce