Pete Townshend (who he?) - Prologue / setlist

Jim M nakedi at comcast.net
Tue Feb 27 20:17:57 PST 2007

---- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Schrade"

> [C]onsiderable research indicates that our memories can change.
> We can even create new memories for events that never actually
> happened!

Absolutely.  I know I've revisited places after decades and seen things that
are very different than I remember them.  They didn't change, my memory,
which seemed very vivid, was wrong.  However....I think people do suppress
traumatic childhood events sometimes and those memories can surface later in
life.  Would I believe every detail?  Well, no, but I don't doubt it can
happen.

What's your reason for thinking Pete recovered this memory through a quack
shrink?  Has he talked about that process?  I was a little surprised by the
amount of detail.  I thought Pete had mentioned that the memories were more
vague than that.

Jim M