Pete interview in the Long Beach Press-Telegram

Keithjmoon70 at aol.com Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 14:37:21 PST 2007

Q: "What does the guy who wrote "hope I die before I get old" have to say  to
the guy responding to this e-mail?"

A: (Pete) "The song was about a  state of mind. I have no idea how old you
are, but at my age the words still  ring. When I look in the mirror and I accept
I am getting older, getting old I  suppose, all I care about is that I remain
true to my beliefs and my artistic  manifesto. To be truthful, I would rather
die than live the way so many people I  see around me are happy with. I don't
sneer at people who want to settle down  and rest. I get angry with those who
stop fighting for a better world and stop  fighting for the truth. The boomer
generation is almost out of steam now. Our  power is slipping away. But even
while we were powerful, one thing we never  managed to do was to get our
parents and grandparents to tell us how they really  felt about two world wars, the
appearance of the bomb, and the relentless  battering we gave our planet. We
never managed to touch their hearts, we just  frightened them. I think they
felt so lucky to be alive, that they just didn't  want to think about the
horrors they'd seen. Now I feel as if we are all just  starting to wake up at last.
We are not safe from our enemies. Our planet is not  secure. We are
responsible. We are not powerless."

Good Answer.

Jon in Mi.

http://www.aol.com.