Swiping mic twirling

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 05:16:00 PST 2007

>From San Antonio Express-News:
http://tinyurl.com/2nvjwt

Singer's rock-god gig gets 'em going
Web Posted: 02/25/2007 01:17 PM CST
Hector Saldaña
Express-News

Taking Back Sunday's dreamy lead singer, Adam Lazzara, looks at it this way: Why should Roger Daltrey have all the fun when it comes to handling a microphone?

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Lazzara said about his latest onstage moves, which find him slinging his microphone like a lariat overhead and then letting its cord wind round his neck like a boa constrictor. "The Who is one of the groups I grew up watching."

His hyper onstage rock-god action recalls Daltrey, Iggy Pop, Mick Jagger and the Hives' Howlin' Pelle Almquist.

The kids love it.

"It's weird. I just started doing it because I don't have an instrument to really hide behind, so I had to keep my hands busy," Lazzara said. "But friends have showed me YouTube videos of people doing it, and it's pretty funny."

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com