Another editorial on "Whogate"

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 07:12:49 CST 2007

>From The Herald-Tribune of Southwest Florida:
http://tinyurl.com/yvxtgr

Congress asks, 'Who are you?'
Daryl Lease
ETHICS LATTE

...Rep. Mary Bono, R-Calif., for example, is one of several lawmakers planning to accompany lobbyists to a concert by the Who next month in Washington. (Ah, what a thrill it must be to hear Roger Daltrey wail, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss," while you're surrounded by some of your closest friends in the defense industry.) Required donation: $2,500 for two tickets...

...And, with all that caffeine in my system, maybe I could dash over to the Who concert and help Pete Townshend smash his guitar against the stage floor, or better yet, over a sybaritic defense contractor's head.

But, alas, I'm not a lobbyist, and I have no committee. Like you, I'm just a voter, and we don't get to do the smashing. As Congress is reminding us with its interpretation of its ethics rules, we only get to watch things of value being smashed.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com