Bribe your congresswoman with The Who!

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Fri Feb 16 06:38:32 CST 2007

In a message dated 2/16/2007 7:31:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com writes:

> That big talk resulted in some new legislation that was designed, at least
> on the surface, to put the quietus on this treacherous mutual back-scratching
> culture. But the addiction of the House of Representatives to the largess of
> lobbyists has proven more difficult to kick than crack cocaine.
> The relapse came by way of, you guessed it, a loophole. Under the new game
> plan, lawmakers are inviting lobbyists to a number of expensive, oh-so-fun
> outings such as expensive birthday parties, wine-tasting tours, drinks at posh
> D.C. eateries, golf tournaments, rock concerts, Broadway shows -- you know,
> all the good stuff.
> Who's paying for all the fun? The lobbyists, as usual, but instead of
> brazenly picking up the congressmen's tabs (a no-no in the new ethical Congress)
> they instead pay a political fund-raising committee established by -- you
> guessed it again -- the lawmakers. The committee then picks up the tab.
> Here's an example of the "new way." According to a recent story in the New
> York Times, Rep. Mary Bono (R-CA), along with two other members of Congress,
> has invited lobbyists along to join them at a March Who concert in Washington.
> "They're her favorite rock 'n' roll band," said Bono's chief of staff Frank
> Cullen. Yes, he actually said that.
> We like The Who too, and would also love to see Pete Townsend doing his
> trademark windmill guitar and scissors jumps. Unlike Bono, though, we'd have to
> pay for it ourselves.

well, first of all, this is a sad and sick government, let's face it.  and
secondly, it's sad that sonny bono was a republican and his widow has taken
over. ha. **another editorial from the twisted and equally sick mind behind
JOELTLE515** : )