Liverpool snatches up Who tickets

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 13:03:41 CST 2007

>From the Liverpool Daily Post:
http://tinyurl.com/22pq98

Who'd believe 15,000 tickets sold in a day?Feb 13 2007
The fans in Liverpool sing the loudest
by Jessica Shaughnessy, Liverpool Daily Post

MORE than 15,000 tickets for the Knowsley Hall Music Festival, which will be headlined by rock legends The Who, were snapped up during their first day on sale.

The two-day festival, which is expected to be attended by 40,000 people, promises to be the biggest music event in the North West.

Keane, The Coral, The View, Pete Wylie & the Mighty Wah and homegrown band The Zutons will be among the first ever rock line-up to play on the grounds of the magnificent stately home.

More than 500 tickets were sold for the event, organised by Cream and festival management firm Loud Sound, every hour after they went on sale at 9am.

Cream’s James Barton said last night: “It is an amazing start and way beyond what we expected on the first day.

“This just goes to prove how much Liverpool has been crying out for an event like this. And we're really pleased that people are making a weekend of it and buying the weekend tickets to attend both days.”

Many of the tickets already sold were for the full weekend at £70.

At a press conference to launch their 28 European city tour last week, the two surviving members of The Who, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, said they were already looking forward to their return to Merseyside.

The pair appeared at the Liverpool’s Summer Pops festival last year.

Lead singer Daltrey said: “I didn’t like that tent initially, but I developed a great affection for it after two gigs. It was the most memorable gig we played last year for me.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com