Pete-approved Quadrophenia musical opens

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Sat Feb 10 11:28:18 CST 2007

[Re: Quad]:
> "Pete Townshend's frustration with the film was that the music was
> used as a background," says Critchley.

Mine too.  I can still recall my stunned disappointment when The Real
Me faded out after 30 seconds and dialogue took over.

> The musical doesn't feature any dialogue but it also includes eight
> other songs by The Who, including I Can't Explain and Substitute.

Excellent.  Although I still reserve my enthusiasm for the project.
The "limited resources" they reference doesn't sound promising.  "OK,
this flat here is the cliffs of Dover, see, and Jimmy, you push your
scooter through this flap..."

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967