Sun....1.....top 500 guitar riffs

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Wed Feb 7 07:52:25 CST 2007

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade at akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: who by numbers game
>
>No, but the "Heinz Baked Beans" ("1, 2, 3, 4") sure does!
>(I can still think of two more from SELL OUT.)

Hey, you forgot Eminence Front - 1 !!

;-)

Still a bit embarrassed about that.
Trust me, I always thought it was "sun", but there it was on the
internet listed at "1".
I figured I'd throw it out there and see if it stuck.
I've never been one to sit and listen to an album while reading the
lyric booklet.
I'm more of a research-it when needed kind of guy.....

>From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm at igtc.com>
>Subject: Re: The Top 500 (!) Guitar Riffs
>
>Scott Schrade writes:
>> http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2007/guitarriffs/index.html
>7  Who
>8  Stones
>19 Zep !?!

This is actually a really good site.
There are links for each listing to a YouTube vid of the guitar
riff(t;-) in question.

The Who makes its first appearance (beating out Stones, Zep, Beatles) at
#4 with Pinball Wizard.
....and we wonder why this is played at each concert.
Next up was My Generation.

I didn't go farther.

Not surprised about Zep with 19.
They rock......just not much intellectual substance.
Shame Page fell off a cliff with his 'boozing' and took his talent with
him.

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: