The Who Mailing List Digest, V14, #26

Toby Elwin telwin at berklee.net
Tue Feb 6 11:23:56 CST 2007

Never heard about kambucha and antibiotics.  I know for sure there are unnecessary antibiotics pumped into mass-market chicken parts and the preservatives contained in any item with a shelve life on super market shelves are enough of a concern.

I would never try to grow my own or "steep" the stuff myself.  I buy it from organic markets.  However, I have maintained sour dough and it is great to keep pulling off pieces of sour dough to bake/cook with and it regenerates itself - odd too.  I will never use sour dough as a cure all and fixative of anything and neither kombucha. Just as vinegar destroys the probiotics in your intestines and simple "Beano" is a positive culture that builds probiotics to aid in digestion there are things we ingest that contribute to maximizing our health.

Different strokes... I trust little of what the FDA does or advocates, as it is.

Cool stuff, keep it moderate and I can live a pretty happy, fun, healthy life.

Toby

Message: 9