Who Numbers Game and Roger's Real Secret!

David Huntington huntington at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 6 08:36:11 CST 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 11:41 PM, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

> I never understood why Pete is recalling 1921 when WWII ended in '45!

The original story had to do with WWI. I believe, and you Brits can
confirm or deny this, that WWI was a much more traumatic event for
Britain than WWII. Wasn't Pink Floyd's The Wall also more based on
WWI than WWII?

I know that Pete as talked about how WWII had such an impact on his
generation of artists, but I've always had the feeling that WWI is
the seminal event for Britain.

David