Rachel in New York press release

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 06:22:22 CST 2007

http://tinyurl.com/38vqt7

Barnes & Noble to Hold Special New York Event on February 19th to Raise Awareness about Down Syndrome
Monday February 5, 8:30 am ET
Event at Lincoln Triangle Barnes & Noble in Manhattan Will Feature Singer/Songwriter Rachel Fuller, Sesame Street's Bob McGrath, and Songwriter Melissa Riggio, Spotlighted in National Geographic Kids article, "I Have Down Syndrome"
500 Barnes & Noble Stores Nationwide To Hold Special Storytime Events on Down Syndrome in February
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS - News), the world's largest bookseller, announced today that the Lincoln Triangle Barnes & Noble store in New York City (1972 Broadway at 66th Street) will host a special event to raise awareness about Down syndrome at 11 A.M. on Monday, February 19th. The event will feature singer/songwriter Rachel Fuller and songwriter Melissa Riggio, spotlighted in the National Geographic Kids magazine article, "I Have Down Syndrome." Bob McGrath, one of the original hosts of Sesame Street, will emcee the program.

The Lincoln Triangle event will highlight the achievements of Melissa Riggio, the 18-year-old daughter of Steve Riggio, chief executive officer of Barnes & Noble, Inc. As she says in the article "I Have Down Syndrome" in National Geographic Kids, "It's true that I don't learn some things as fast as other people. But that won't stop me from trying. I just know that if I work really hard and be myself, I can do almost anything."

And Melissa has. British singer and songwriter Rachel Fuller (Cigarettes & Housework, Shine) was so moved by Melissa's poetry and story that she co-wrote and recorded two songs with her: The Ring and Love Is A Potion (available for free download at www.Riggio.net), produced by Pete Townshend of The Who. Both Melissa and Rachel will participate in the program, and Rachel will perform live during the event.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com