Who Numbers Game and Roger's Real Secret!

Susan DeSimone suepat at cox.net
Mon Feb 5 13:47:37 CST 2007

"Got a feeling '21 is gonna be a good year..."
I never understood why Pete is recalling 1921 when WWII ended in '45!

Re: Homeopathy - it works but you have to play w/certain remedies. My little
girl got stung by a bee once and I immediately gave her Apis (which is bee
venom). Within 5-10 the swelling disappeared.

I swear by Andrew Weil (well for the most part) and he sees no health
benefits re: kombucha tea. In fact, he states that it contains antibiotics,
and one should avoid long term use of any antibiotics.

This is what I found:
"Also called the Manchurian or Kargasok mushroom, kombucha is not a mushroom
at all but a mixed culture of several species of bacteria and yeasts that
are added to black or green tea and sugar to produce a fermented "tea," a
drink that tastes something like fizzy cider. Kombucha tea sipped daily has
been recommended as a treatment for everything from AIDS and arthritis to
baldness. I've also heard claims that kombucha boosts energy and improves
eyesight. A few years ago, kombucha was credited with the recovery of a
patient suffering from advanced AIDS. Accounts of this seemingly miraculous
turnaround left out the fact that the patient had begun treatment with an
FDA-approved experimental therapy at the same time.

I don't recommend kombucha tea at all. I know of no scientific studies
backing up the health claims made for it. Beyond that, there's advertisement

evidence that kombucha tea may have some antibiotic activity. If so, by
drinking the tea you could be unnecessarily taking antibiotics, which could
encourage development of resistant strains of bacteria.

I am also concerned about the culture becoming contaminated, as it could in
the home-brewing process. Some batches have contained aspergillus, a
toxin-producing fungus. This would actually pose significant risks to people
with compromised immune systems such as those with AIDS or undergoing
chemotherapy for cancer. There have also been reports in the medical
literature of adverse reactions including nausea, vomiting and headaches
among those who drink more than four ounces of kombucha tea daily. Allergic
reactions, jaundice and head and neck pain have also been reported. I would
particularly caution pregnant women, nursing mothers, the elderly, children
and anyone with a compromised immune system against drinking kombucha tea."

I think Rog looks so good because he never got into drugs (I think he said
he was allergic to pot).
Looks like he works out alot...I bet his favorite exercise is shagging
though!!  We  all know he has a reputation as the consumate ladies' man!
Wonder if his wife still looks the other way...not that I have a snowball's
chance in hell!! hee hee
:)