kombucha: roger should be careful

Scott Keller shkeller55 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 16:46:14 CST 2007

Thanks for looking that info up and posting it here.  My wife loves tea so I told her about Roger's use of kombucha.  Now I'll pass along this warning.

  Scott

JOELTLE515 at aol.com wrote:
  according to the "american cancer society" site, there have been no
scientific evidence that kombucha tea is helpful in helping with and/or curing
anything, plus it has some serious side effects since it may contain contaminants such
as molds and fungi that may cause illness (bronchitis??), and a type of acid
(acidosis) is formed when the tea is brewed that may contain harmful germs,
harmful especially to those with HIV, cancer and other immune problems. to make
matters worse, occasional deaths have been reported in connection with the
consumption of this type of tea, and if a woman is pregnant or breast feeding,
they are ordered not to use the tea. allergic reactions that have been
reported, at least according to the site, have been jaundice (usually connected to
liver damage) and anthrax of the skin.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3_X_Kombucha_Tea.asp?sitearea=
ETO