Pete Invited Roger To Sing On Psychoderelict Tour

David Fiderer dfid44 at msn.com
Fri Feb 2 09:27:37 CST 2007

>From an article posted at www.therockradio.com:

Although the Who's current road trek marks the first time that Townshend and
Roger Daltrey have toured behind a new album since 1982, Townshend revealed
to us that Daltrey almost took part as a guest vocalist on his 1993
Psychoderelict tour: "When Psychoderelict came out Roger called me and said,
'You know, this would've made a great Who record.' And I said, 'Well, yeah,
you're always going to say that. It's my record and you know if we'd have
been doing it with the Who you probably wouldn't have liked it.' And he
said, 'No, this is a part that I could play. If you're ever going to do it
as a theater piece, think of me.' So when I took it out on the road, I did
call him, but he'd just taken another job. But we would've gone out together
with Psychoderelict."

Apparently things turned sour between them pretty quickly. They weren't
getting along too well in '94 around the Daltrey Sings Townshend project.

David in New York