The fungus is among us

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 17:46:02 CST 2007

>From Yahoo! Entertainment News:
http://tinyurl.com/2jzgpx

Rocker Roger reveals secret weapon
Thursday February 1, 09:05 PM

He has been rocking for over 40 years and now Roger Daltrey has revealed his secret - a jelly-like fungus.
The Who frontman, 62, says Kombucha, tipped 2,000 years ago to give warriors energy in battle, keeps him going.

Most commonly taken as a yeast and bacteria tea, fans say the brown and slimy fungus detoxifies, purifies and protects the immune system.

The former wildman told Virgin radio that The Who's tours and travelling took their toll.

He admitted: "It's things like Kombucha and anything to keep you going. The shows are easy, it's the schlepping that gets hard."

But he reassured fans that he still loved the job, adding: "To be doing it at my age, this is brilliant.
"You know, I could be going and working at some car factory or some call centre ... there's people working there, no disrespect to them but that would drive me insane."

Kombucha's use was first recorded in China during the Qin Dynasty in 221 BC and was said to be a remedy for immortality.
The health supplement, a mixture of live bacteria and yeast, is increasingly grown by people in their own homes and cultivated and fermented into a tea.

Some top beauty clinics recommend their clients drink it and put it on their face with a steam treatment.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com