Jools and Jim - have you ever heard a man sing so high?

Jim M nakedi at comcast.net
Sun Dec 23 00:06:16 CST 2007

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Bailey"

I wonder if any other Americans had as much trouble with the line "A4
pushers, you're all just cushions" as I did.  Initially, I had no idea what
it meant.  When I first visited London, I noticed there was a road called
the A4, so I assumed an 'A4 pusher' must have been a supporter of building
the road (seemed logical).  Then I found out A4 is the British term for
letter size paper and it made a lot more sense!

> And this line is so clever:
>
>    "And theirs (sic) an I before e when your (sic) spelling ecstasy"
>
> That's how the line is written in the liner notes.

On the subject of liner typo's, the lyrics in my first version of Tommy (c.
1980 LP) contained the line "your boy won't be a more no more."  I still
can't help thinking it when I listen to Acid Queen.

Jim M (who also loves Jules & Jim, btw)