Gear Call...off topic somewhat

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 21 02:50:25 CST 2007

Joe in Philly said:

> I've always respected what Apple has done, but have not needed
> to jump away from the Intel/Windows/Linux camp until now.

Now that you can dual-boot a Mac machine into "proper Windows", buying a Mac
is suddenly a much more attractive proposition.

> I know Pete uses Macs (Who content).

Macs certainly do appeal to more "arty-types" like musicians, entertainers,
marketing and media types.

> 1. Smallest computer you get on-line with.

I use a 2-year-old Sony phone to read my emails / surf when I'm out of the
office.   That's the size of a deck of cards.

> 3. Fastest CPU

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I've not had my home desktop PC for long - so I may well
win this round: Intel Quad core (2.4GHz).  4gb RAM.  750Gb HD.  22"
widescreen screen.  'Nuff said.

-MB