Zep Song By Song Review

Lowgens02 at aol.com Lowgens02 at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 17:37:38 CST 2007

>From NME.com on tonights Zep gig for Ahmet  Ertegun......

'Good Times Bad Times'
"The set started with a clip from  'The Song Remains The Same' DVD with an
American news clip telling of they broke  The Beatles' attendance record for a
gig in 1973 in California. Simple stage  set, video screen behind the band."

'Ramble On'
"'Ramble On' done in  extremely slow, bluesy manner, with shards of electric
guitar from Jimmy  Page."

'Black Dog'
"Page wearing dark shades, quite muddy sound. Crowd  singing the 'ah-ah' bits
back at Plant."

'In My Time Of Dying'
"Page  is playing bottleneck guitar. Plant spoke for the first time before
song, saying  'Good evening'."

'For Your Life'
"That's not something you get to hear  often these days, Led Zeppelin giving
a song its live debut."

'Trampled  Under Foot'
"Before starting Plant told the crowd it was the band's attempt  to sound
like Robert Johnson's 'Terraplane Blues'."

'Nobody's Fault But  Mine'
"There are huge screen's dominating the O2 Arena, they split into four
sometimes, goes monochrome, colour etc...quite spectacular."

'No  Quarter'
"Following the song Plant paid tribute to John Paul Jones, who  played
keyboards and bass on the track."

'Since I've Been Loving  You'
"A bit of a style guide for you, all the band are dressed in black bar  Page
who is rocking a white shirt. As for the song they gone for the epic
version....very bluesy."

'Dazed And Confused'
"Settle yourselves in,  we're expecting a ten minute version of this
classic... it was. At the end of it  of the song Plant told the audience 'On guitar
Jimmy Page, just as he did on  'The Song Remains The Same' DVD which was filmed
in Madison Square Garden in the  70s."

'Stairway To Heaven'
"What do you think happened? Right! From  the moment those opening notes rang
out the whole audience went absolutely  crazy. The atmosphere is electric.
Afterwards Plant said "Ahmet, we did  it!"

'The Song Remains The Same'
"A fairly straight version of the  classic. The sound is still a bit muddy
and quiet though."

'Misty  Mountain Hop'
"Plant kicked this one off by praising the job drummer Jason  Bonham has been
doing, stepping into his late father's shoes  tonight."

'Kashmir'
"Yet another epic, as this song cracks the ten  minute mark. Plant introduced
this one declaring 'We've got people from 50  countries here and this is the
51st'. Afterwards they left the stage to loud  applause. Will they do an
encore? What do you reckon..."

'Whole Lotta  Love'
"... of course they come back to deafening applause. And it's an  extended
version of the old 'Top Of The Pops' theme. Then once more the band  leave the
stage with a visibly emotional Plant declaring:
'Thanks to  everybody. Thanks Ahmet Ertegun, this one for is Ahmet Ertegun as
we remember  the days when Atlantic Records was the best label on the
planet!'."

'Rock  And Roll'
"Just time for one more, as after two hours the night reaches its  climax,
and what a stomper to go out on