Tarantino Film Contains Jab Against Who

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Dec 4 20:02:54 CST 2007

I watched the Quentin Tarantino film "Death Proof" the other day.
It's a good film.  Kurt Russell is awesome.  I like a lot of Tarantino's
stuff.

But in "Death Proof" there is a scene which contains a little dig
against our favorite band.

A female character calls a radio DJ to request a song by the '60s
band Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, & Tich.

When her friend complains that she hasn't heard of the group the
character says something to the effect of, "Well Pete Townshend
almost quit The Who to join the band, in which case they would've
been called Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, Tich, & Pete.  And
if you ask me, he should've."

I was amused but not surprised.  I think Alan has had some con-
versations with Mr. Tarantino where the director expressed a dis-
like for the band.  Wasn't that you, Alan?

- SCHRADE in Akron