The Punk and The Godfather Philly or Landover?

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Dec 2 11:31:00 CST 2007

> So either the VFABP version is from Philly or there is some major
> editing going on.  I could see fixing Pete's line easily but a whole verse.
>
> I know, it's easy to get confused. It has given me a headache.  Please,
> someone confirm of deny all of this (Schrade!).

I'm afraid I can't help you on this one, Bruce.  I don't own audience
recordings of Philly or Landover, & I haven't heard the Wolfgang
stream.

With that obvious vocal flub in "Punk" it shouldn't be too hard to
discern which show it's from (if you own the audience boots).  Not
sure about the "preach/teach" conundrum.  Would they really go to
all that trouble to edit & fix *one* word?

Listening to VFABP's WGFA  the other day I began to wonder
if that loud acoustic guitar -- presumably on the synth track -- wasn't
added separately to give the song some high-end dynamics.  I'd
have to do some comparisons to TALES versions.

Speaking of WGFA, it occurred to me that the fade-in beginning
on the TALES boots (and radio broadcast) was prompted by some
obvious guitar feedback which the original radio editors must've felt
was....distracting?  Thankfully, it's left in on VFABP.

- SCHRADE in Akron