Quadrophenia Alley

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 5 15:54:05 CDT 2007

> From a Guardian article by Andrew Smith on visiting
> Britain's secret rock shrines:
> http://tinyurl.com/3ybobk
>
> The Quadrophenia alley, Brighton

I remember visiting the alley in 80s.  It was completed covered by Mod graffiti at the time. "Go on Jimmy!  Give her one from me!"  was one slogan that I can still remember.

The alley used to lead onto a Chinese restaurant.  Apparently, the Chinese chefs had little tolerance for the Mod disciples messing up their property.  The local legend stated that, if they caught anyone graffitiing there, they would chase them away with meat cleavers, screaming in Chinese.

-MB