THE METHOD PRESS CONFERENCE -25TH APRIL 07

THEGAZZAS at aol.com THEGAZZAS at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 14:08:59 CDT 2007

THE METHOD PRESS LAUNCH
25TH April 2007 11.00 am (GMT)

We arrived at Eel Pie (Oceanic Studios) around 10.45.  There was a  small
group of Press people standing in the car park.  They had no clue  what this
press launch was about. In the reception area of Eel Pie we where  greeted by Ms.
Rachel Fuller. Looking well in her high heel red shoes. (Gosh,  they looked as
they might hurt, after a few hours.) Attending the launch there  where the
usual people-Pierre Peron, Danny Clifford the photographer, David  Stark, etc.
As for Pete's people, Nicola Joss, Alan Rogan, Paul Bonnick, Robert  Rosenberg,
Helen Grittiths and others. We where introduced to Robert Lee,  the chap who
runs The Who.com. Pete laid on a very fattening breakfast of  french pastries
and huge cups of coffee. Rachel and I, looked past the pastries  as they where
tempting and very, very fattening.  About 11 a.m., we had  been told to go
into the studio.
Pete walks onto the stage about 11.10, dressed in a white shirt, black
trousers (keys dangling from a belt loop) and black trainers with white  laces. He
needed a shave-ala Pete. Pete started speaking about how he was  influenced by
Harold Cohen a professor of his in art school.  Pete spoke  about the early
days of feedback as duped by the head of the art school Ray  Ascot.
Pete than spoke about gathering data for this program. Pete  used Rachel's
golden retriever as a prototype for the  experiment.  Pete said "I might listen
to the way it breathes, I  might touch it and see how it feels, I might listen
to his bark, I might  look at the rhythm of his running."  He than explained
that a  musical DNA portrait will be established by the sitter. The portrait
will  compose of four equal compositions a digital photo, a rhythm, a voice and
a  sound. The software will process all this information and the music data
will be  heard. It will last approx. 5 minute and 02 seconds.
The method was partially developed by mathematician/composer lawrence Ball
and the software was developed by Dave Snowdon. Pete said that the composer
(sitter) is king. It should a metaphysicial/reflection and the sitter  should
sit with a good heart and don't just expect and say that the software  should
work for me.
The music that was used in the soft program was rock/electronic and
classical extracts. Scales from different cultures and there are lots of  perforations
in the sounds.
The Who song Fragments was also played to the journalists on 16  speakers. It
all based on Stockhausen's experiments. Pete said that the tune had  a 15 bar
cycle. As well as lyrics that relate to the Method music.
Pete also said that the sitter has the legal copyright and have the right  to
audit the company. At least a third of the music copyright was added. At
present, it's only in the English language software. Sitters will not be able to
hear other sitter's compositions on this site. The music will be able to be
downloaded on MP3. The user will be entitled to three, free 'portrait
sittings'  until the 31 July 2007. Then after a subscription will be applicable. Pete
also  mentioned that maybe in three years time that there will be listening
party of  sorts. THE PUBLIC LAUNCH WILL BE TUESDAY, 1ST MAY 2007 @
lifehouse-method.com.

best regards to all,

Melissa & Gary  Hurley