stalled Daltrey bio back on

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 00:34:55 CDT 2007

first biography dedicated to roger? well, maybe the first authorised one.

A biography on rocker Roger Daltrey, which The Who star Pete Townshend halted
20 years ago, is back on after writer Jalanne Barnes convinced the guitarist
she wouldn't do a bad job.

Townshend, who has been working on his own autobiography for years, urged
Barnes to stop plans to write a Daltrey book in the late 1980s - a decade after
she had started work on the project, called "Behind Daltrey's Eyes."

In a posting on RogerDaltrey.Blogspot.com, Barnes reports, "When Pete
Townshend discovered I was writing a biography about Roger Daltrey, he told me a book
about The Who's lead singer could only be written in one of two ways: a fluff
piece from a groupie or a hard-nosed expose that would make Townshend look
like a tyrant.

"He could see no other outcome to such an endeavor."Barnes claims Townshend
has since calmed down about the idea of the book, which will be the first
biography dedicated to rocker Daltrey.

http://q1043.com/pages/news/musicnews.html?feed=104649&article=2031441

P.S.  our condolences to keith richards whose mother passed away at the age
of 91. keith was there at her bedside.

http://q1043.com/pages/news/musicnews.html?feed=104649&article=2028200