"the 10 cheesiest commercial songs ever" a.k.a. sellouts

Kevin and Tania O'Neal kevinandt at gmavt.net
Wed Apr 11 19:42:56 CDT 2007

>Jim M nakedi
>"the 10 cheesiest commercial songs ever" a.k.a. sellouts
>
>Yeah, I hit the hair lottery.  Lucky me!

That's cool.
You've got more than enough to deal with.
;-)

>> I actually *dug* Pete's long pony tail.
>> He was what, in his early 40's.
>> It was fitting.
>
>Really?

Sure.
It was the only way to visually hang onto "the edge."
For a rock star, you have to do something.
It was sophisticated. Pete had established himself by that point as a song
writer (and editor) to be taken very seriously, even in intellectual
circles.
But, it also had that edge.
It had that "I may be old, but I'm not boring" 'tude about it.

>I even preferred the 1982 Flock of Seagulls do to the pony tail.

Come on.  You can't go that far.
I wouldn't call that Flock of Seagulls.
It wasn't like the Airline ticket-agent in that Adam Sandler movie "The
Wedding Singer."
Pete had a classic New Wave <hint of punk> do.
I had one too in '87 (finally cut my long zipper-head part in the center
hair)!

>> And, I actually like the Drunk Pete look.
>
>That we can agree on.

To be certain, I wasn't really talking about his hair, but rather his whole
disposition!
'Hi, I'm Pete, and I'm pissed out of my brain!  Got a problem?  Tough shit!
I'm rich and famous and Pete Townshend!"

Love it....

Kevin in VT