Cancelling Shows

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 21:30:38 CDT 2007

In a message dated 4/4/2007 10:04:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bill_macq at yahoo.com writes:

> Realize this is old news at this point, but anyone agree with me that it
> was really lame of The Who to cancel a show because Roger couldn't sing? On
> with the show! It's not like the band doesn't have another lead singer.
> Personally, if I'd gone to the trouble of going to the venue that night and Roger
> went down, I'd rather have heard Pete sing instead of banking on the possibility
> of a re-scheduled show. And why not make something special out of adversity?
> I'm sure the band knows anywhere from 20 to 30 songs and Pete must be able
> to remember the words to at 10 or 15 of them off the top of his head. What's
> the big deal? A show with Pete fronting The Who beats no show at all.

well, if it's just pete, then it's really a pete townshend solo show isn't
it?    I'm surprised he didn't get another lead singer to fill the void like he
did when John died.  but, oh well.    I just hope those who had tix get their
money back.