Cancelling Shows

Bill McCue bill_macq at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 21:03:55 CDT 2007

Hey folks,
  Realize this is old news at this point, but anyone agree with me that it was really lame of The Who to cancel a show because Roger couldn't sing? On with the show! It's not like the band doesn't have another lead singer. Personally, if I'd gone to the trouble of going to the venue that night and Roger went down, I'd rather have heard Pete sing instead of banking on the possibility of a re-scheduled show. And why not make something special out of adversity? I'm sure the band knows anywhere from 20 to 30 songs and Pete must be able to remember the words to at 10 or 15 of them off the top of his head. What's the big deal? A show with Pete fronting The Who beats no show at all.

  Love,
  Mackey