'TOMMY, Can You Hear Me?' Reality Show To Air On FOX

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 07:02:56 CDT 2007

>From BroadwayWorld.com at:
http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=17077y World.com

'TOMMY, Can You Hear Me?' Reality Show To Air On FOX
Saturday, March 31, 2007; Posted: 11:52 PM - by Craig Brockman

On the heels of "You're The One That I Want," FOX Broadcasting has just announced that they will launch their own Broadway related casting show for the upcoming revival of The Who's TOMMY slated for a Broadway bow in late '08. The show, entitled "See Me, Hear Me" will begin a nationwide casting call beginning in May.

A statement issued by FOX Broadcasting stated, "FOX owns reality television. Our show will be vastly different than what NBC did with their show, Grease. With the experience of our record-breaking American Idol franchise, we'll be able to parlay that into one of the most dynamic Rock and Roll casting calls a Broadway show has ever seen. "

Judges tapped for "Tommy, Can You Hear Me?" will be original The Who band member Pete Townshend, Oscar and Tony Award winning director Sam Mendes and a special surprise judge who FOX is keeping under wraps until just before the show airs. Special performances and celebrity judges include Michael Cerveris, who created the role on Broadway and stage/screen legend, Ann-Margret.

BroadwayWorld.com wishes its readers a happy April Fools Day.

--
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!