John's voice

Lowgens02 at aol.com Lowgens02 at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 13:24:48 CDT 2006

Kevin:
>>>Still, perfect voice.  Impressed doesn't do it justice.
Blown away is more like it<<

Kevin:

In a message dated 4/25/2006 1:58:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sroundtable at aol.com writes
>>Why, if John could still sing so well, did he have Godfrey Townshend sing
most of the songs live that John himself recorded and sung as a solo artist?  I
noticed this on the Left for Live CD<<<

I was at the BB King shows in NYC a few days earlier for 4 shows in two nights
and was leaning on the stage for all of them.I can tell you that John's voice
was
shot.When the music is a loud as it was,it was easy to drown John's voice out
a bit
and give a perception that he is singing well.That's just my opinion.John
hadnt had
a good voice as far back as the 1982 tour where he still had a decent one
before
it became strained by 1989.Another reason why Godfrey sang alot is the fact
that
John liked to smoke and drink onstage so if he did all the singing it would
of cut
into it.Once again,that's just my take on it from what I saw with my eyes from
the front row for 4 shows in two nights.

Mike S