L. Bird pkeets at
Sun Apr 16 07:45:31 CDT 2006

Maybe he really means "shutter."  See number 2 there, from

1. One that shuts, as:
a. A hinged cover or screen for a window, usually fitted with louvers.
b. A mechanical device of a camera that controls the duration of a 
photographic exposure, as by opening and closing to allow light coming 
through the lens to expose a plate or film.

2. shutters Music. The movable louvers on a pipe organ, controlled by 
pedals, that open and close the swell box.

More information about the TheWho mailing list