Rock Hall of Fame:Tommy exibit

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Apr 11 12:24:58 CDT 2006

> There also was a letter from Pete in which he was
> making suggestions about who he thought should play
> certain roles in the movie. When I was reading it I
> thought that some of his suggestions were interesting,
> but I can't remember any of them now.

Thanks, Carly.  I found this via the link below:

"The exhibit includes a typed letter from Townshend to Russell
with casting suggestions. It's intriguing to imagine: what if Joni
Mitchell or Grace Slick had played the mother instead of Ann-
Margret? Would Charles Mingus have been a better Preacher
than Eric Clapton? Could Lou Reed have topped Tina Turner's
raunchy Acid Queen?"

http://www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2539

- SCHRADE in Akron