Roger Daltrey Praises Antony and the Johnsons

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 22:24:07 CST 2006

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=15166

Roger Daltrey has heaped praise on Antony Hegarty saying he’s like a male
Nina Simone.

The Who legend was speaking ahead of Antony and the Johnsons’ gig at the
Royal Albert Hall for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

He told 6music: "He's got an extra-ordinary voice. My favourite female
singer of all time was Nina Simone, and Antony Hegarty has got this voice
that's like a male version of her.

“And I can't wait to hear him in the Albert Hall, because it's the perfect
venue for him."

Meanwhile, Goldfrapp kicked off the Teenage Cancer Trust gigs last night
alondside Starsailor.

After Antony and the Johnsons, Bloc Party headline tomorrow, while The Cure
round things up on Saturday.