What Pete wants

David Huntington huntington at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 31 16:45:12 CST 2005

wrote:

> Wow! That was incredibly insightful AND bitter.

Yeah, I'm bitter. I just wish Pete was a bit more of a fan of his music
performed by Roger (at least). I am. I now see Roger and company as an
obligation to Pete, not as a passion of musical expression. Look at it this
way, if he really wanted to do it, it would be done. All this hand wringing
and "oh, it's not right yet' betrays a general lack of desire.

I was flying pretty high on hope. So the fall with my disappointment has
been pretty far. Roger had better start acting his ass off, or raising a
hell of a lot of fish. Either way, I really don't think his voice is going
to grace a Townshend lick again.

Hey, but how about that Green Day and American Idiot? I thought the last
suite of songs near the end really reminded me of AQO in some odd way.