Delayed - "Not cancelled"

Sigel, James (N-CSC) james.sigel at lmco.com
Mon Mar 28 09:09:21 CST 2005

Pete Townshend has revealed The Who's much-anticipated new album, and
subsequent tour, has been delayed.

The legendary British rockers were planning to release a new studio
album, their first since 1982's 'It's Hard', this summer. However, the
original plans have changed due to a number of reasons, says the
guitarist, adding that the new material is still planned for release:

"The new Who album has been delayed, not cancelled," Townshend writes on
his official website. "The release date I had hoped for in the late
spring or very early summer was whipped from under my nose after three
years of writing.

"Shows we hoped to do in the early summer seemed to fizzle, and we lost
our drummer to Oasis until January 2006. All alternatives proposed, and
which I have desperately considered, do not fit in with my current
commitments. I am committed to record the music for my new story The Boy
Who Heard Music. I am also completing my autobiography later this year.

"Sadly, this forces a postponement of the planned Who activity this year
for some indeterminate time."

http://www.soundgenerator.com/news/index.cfm?articleid=5226
Nothing we haven't already read about regarding the album, excpet,
notice Pete says it's "not cancelled"...  Hopefully this link will be
more satisfactory to Joel...:-)
Jim in Colorado