Record Label Quits?

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 27 12:48:13 CST 2005

Well now, this is interesting.  Many thanks to Joe for posting it.  If this
is true, then we might assume the record label set a deadline and they
weren't able to meet it because Zak was already committed to the Oasis tour?

>http://www.volume10.com/news.php?extend.510

>Who drummer heads to his Oasis

Zak Starkey, drummer with The Who and son of Ringo Starr, has delayed plans
for a new Who album by deciding to play with Oasis until next year.

Remaining Who members, Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey, were all set to
tour whilst promoting their upcoming new album.

But Townshend's hopes have been dashed as not only has the tour been
scrapped but the album release date has been delayed as Townshend was
working too slowly and the record label got cold feet.

However, he insists that the long-awaited album will still be released just
not for the original date.

Townshend said “The new Who album has been delayed, not cancelled. The
release date I had hoped for in the late spring or very early summer was
whipped from under my nose after three years of writing. Shows we hoped to
do in the early summer seemed to fizzle, and we lost our drummer to Oasis
until January 2006. All alternatives proposed, and which I have desperately
considered, do not fit in with my current commitments."

Townshend also has a number of solo projects underway.

He added, "I am committed to record the music for my new story “The Boy Who
Heard Music”. I am also completing my autobiography later this year. Sadly,
this forces a postponement of the planned Who activity this year for some
indeterminate time. “