ICE news on Who DVD

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Mar 22 17:53:08 CST 2005

> If it's a Beatles type "story of The Who" there should be plenty (especially
> of John) old video they can use.  They could also use voiceovers like The
> Beatles did for Lennon.

I'm afraid I don't follow you.  Why would there be plenty of old footage of
John available?  And what Beatles "voiceovers" are you referring to?

> I'd rather see them do what Led Zep did, basically great concert/TV footage
> and nothing else.

Yep.  That's what I'd want.

> just show them doing what they did best.

Exactly.  But, is there really enough unreleased footage out there for *three*
DVDs?  *Three?*  Or, will we get "Pinball Wizard" & "See Me, Feel Me"
from Woodstock yet again?  (A' la the Who's Better Who's Best video.)

> The other thing I don't like is the 1969 cut off.  I'm sure there is pre-Tommy
> video worthy of release.

Yeah, wouldn't that be the most exciting stuff?  Maybe they're saving that
for the release *after* this upcoming one!  The "Early Years" DVD set!
Look for that in 2009!

- SCHRADE in Akron