ICE news on Who DVD

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 15:12:28 CST 2005

Thanks to Kirk for sending this along.

>From the April 2005 issue of ICE magazine:

"Jon Astley, tape archivist and reissure producer for
The Who, has been busying himself working on the
catalogs of Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle and Keith
Moon for remastered CD reissues, with hopes of getting
them out in the spring or summer to coincide with The
Who's new album.  Pete Townshend's solo catalog is
also said to be in the planning stages but is a bit
more extensive and complicated. Sanctuary has
reportedly secured the rights to the
Daltrey/Entwistle/Moon catalogs in the U.K., with the
Universal Music Group being a good bet for America.

Meanwhile, Astley tells ICE that he's commenced work
on a three disc Who anthology DVD, either for
Christmas this year or sometime in 2006.  It's still
very sketchy, but one approach being seriously
considered has vintage video material interspersed
with present-day appearances by the living band
members and perhaps actors. 'They're not sure
how they're going to portray Keith and John,' Astley
says. 'They're talking about different ways of doing
it.'  As for the vintage footage, 'One of the DVDs
will have a lot of previously unreleased stuff on it,'
he continues, '...some from 1969, some of it 1978-79,
and we're looking at what else we can from between
those dates.'"

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com