Help with Music Questions

L. Bird pkeets at
Fri Mar 18 16:23:28 CST 2005

>that's funny. I need some help involving copyrighting. (my apologies to
pkeets who thought this was gonna be an answer)

Just copyright isn't that hard.  Someone already suggested the "poor man's 
copyright" which is to mail your self the song/disk/tape and leave the 
envelope sealed.  This is proof you had written/recorded the song by a 
certain date, shown by the postmark. You should do this before  you offer 
your songs to anyone like a recording company, publisher, etc.

To file for a U.S. copyright, go to the Library of Congress page and follow 
the instructions:

Advice about licensing and publishing is what I'm interested in, and you may 
be too, if you're writing songs.  :)


More information about the TheWho mailing list