Daltrey: 'I sold out - so what?'

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 12:45:40 CST 2005

Another piece of a Daltrey interview from the Daily
Mail/femail/Contact Music source. Where are they
getting these and why dribble them out like this?
http://tinyurl.com/6f6t3

DALTREY: 'I SOLD OUT - SO WHAT?'

THE WHO rocker ROGER DALTREY is nonchalant about
'selling out' during the 1980s and is happy to admit
he appeared in commercials just for the money.

Daltrey famously appeared in a series of TV credit
card ads, prompting rock commentators to accuse him of
compromising his image and cashing in on his famous
name.

But the singer stands by his decisions.

He says, "I didn't care what people thought then and I
don't care now. I was offered a huge wedge of cash to
do the ads and I thought, 'My mum will be dead proud
of me when she sees how much I'm earning.'

"B**locks to them. My first job was GBP2 a week and
it's not that I've forgotten what it's like to be
working-class. I'm not having anyone tell me what I
can and can't do.

"We all sell out in one way or another."

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com