More News on Lisa Pritchett-Johnson

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:48:05 CST 2005

The Telegraph has discovered Lisa's death:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/03/17/nwho17.xml

Girlfriend of Who star found dead from 'overdose'
By Richard Savill
(Filed: 17/03/2005)

The girlfriend of John Entwistle, the late Who bass guitarist, who shared
his Cotswolds mansion, has died in America from a suspected drug overdose.

Lisa Pritchett-Johnson, 43, described by friends as the embodiment of rock
chic, who had a "fun-filled, fast life", was Entwistle's companion for 13
years until his death, aged 57, in June 2002.

The American, who friends said never recovered from the British rock star's
death, was found dead at a relative's home in Memphis.

She was reported to have recently inherited "millions of dollars" from
Entwistle.

Insp Steven Johnson, of Memphis police, said last night: "There is an
indication her death was the result of an overdose.

"We have not had this confirmed and we don't know whether it was accidental
or suicide. She apparently had a cocaine habit.

"We are awaiting the toxicology results and the medical examiner's report."

Miss Pritchett-Johnson was found dead on a bed in a house of a family member
on the evening of March 6. Mr Johnson said 1.6 grams of cocaine had been
discovered in personal possessions near her body.

He also said another person had been arrested at the house for a suspected
narcotics offence which was unrelated to Miss Pritchett-Johnson's death.

In late 2003 she was given a two-year motoring ban for driving Entwistle's
Rolls Royce after consuming more than twice the alcohol limit. She was also
cautioned for possessing cocaine.

Miss Pritchett-Johnson described Entwistle as her "soulmate" and said they
had planned to marry. She slept with a casket containing his ashes.

Entwistle, who lived at Quarwood, a 42-acre estate at Stow-on-the-Wold,
Glos, died from heart failure after taking cocaine with a stripper in his
hotel room in Las Vegas.

Miss Pritchett-Johnson moved into a cottage in the grounds but moved out
this year when the estate was sold to a Dutch businessman for £2.75 million
to meet death duties.

Following Entwistle's death, she gave newspaper interviews in a darkened
room, surrounded by photographs of him. In one of them, she told The Daily
Telegraph: "I miss him terribly. I am going through an angry phase. I am mad
at him for dying. We were going to grow old together."

Asked about the stripper who was with Entwistle when he died, she said: "I
don't love him any less for that. I am not angry with her. I would like to
meet her."

Miss Pritchett-Johnson was regularly seen driving her BMW convertible around
the Cotswolds with her dogs. The couple had 13 rottweilers.

She caused a stir when she became involved with the Rev Colin Wilson, 40,
the married vicar who officiated at Entwistle's funeral. They were pictured
in the News of the World enjoying a "long, passionate kiss" in a pub car
park.

Miss Pritchett-Johnson admitted her affection for Mr Wilson, describing him
as a "rock'n'roll vicar".

But she said they were merely friends and the kiss was "mutual consoling",
as the vicar had lost his mother. Mr Wilson resigned as vicar of St Paul's
Church, in Broadwell, and apologised to his parishioners for having "gone
off the rails".

He and his wife, Gill, are said to have been reconciled and to be living in
France.

In his will, Entwistle divided his estate equally between his mother, his
son, and Miss Pritchett-Johnson.