Pete on Petra Haden: Subtlety restored

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 06:03:58 CST 2005

The Mercury News reprinted the recent article with
Pete commenting on Petra Haden Sings The Who Sell Out,
but I don't remember this final paragraph being in the
original article:
http://tinyurl.com/7x6yd

"A lot of our most subtle work was buried under
gimmicks, tricks, noise and ego," says Townshend.
"That's perfectly OK. But Petra's lack of
preconceptions has made it possible for her to avoid
the notion that she ever, ever had to raise her voice
on this project. Any subtlety lost in the Who's
pop-art approach has been restored."

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com