From the JEF -- CHECK-OUT MUSIC

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Tue Mar 15 22:00:04 CST 2005

This just in from the John Entwistle Foundation:

Dear Friends,

By now some of you may have heard about our musical education program
called CHECK-OUT MUSIC.  The idea of this program is to make musical
instruments available to anyone, anywhere that has an interest in
playing music.  How? By putting these instruments in public libraries.
  Of course it’s not as simple as dropping off some guitars at your
local library.  This is a very involved educational program that
required a lot of research and development.
CHECK-OUT MUSIC has been presented to various major corporations for
funding consideration.  We have no doubt that in time this program will
receive the funding it deserves.  However, in this case the corporate
wheel grinds slowly and while we wait for funding many underprivileged
children wait for the chance to discover music.

Right now we have an opportunity to run a test program within the
public library system.  Funding one library would prove to everyone
that the concept works.  It would certainly speed up our financing and
it may also change the destiny of a handful of kids.

The John Entwistle Foundation is asking for your help. This e-mail will
be read by countless people.  If everyone on our mailing list alone
gave $20 it would add up to enough money to fund, publicize and
maintain this program in a public library for a year.

I realize that for many people times are tough.  And, I only ask that
you do what you can to help this worthy effort.  Many of you have
donated before and I sincerely thank you for that.  Our mission is
clearly to help those in need in the name of John Entwistle.

We did that on February 5th in Orlando at Universal where we raised
$100,000.00 for the victims of the recent worldwide disasters.   All of
the proceeds from that event went to the disaster victims.  None of
that money went to the John Entwistle Foundation or I would gladly use
it for this program.

Please give what you can. I urge everyone that reads this e-mail to
make a contribution no matter how small. Together we can make a
difference in the name of the greatest bass guitarist that ever lived!
JOHN ENTWISTLE!

Visit the foundation page (www.johnentwistle.org) to view the power
point presentation of CHECK-OUT MUSIC and please make an online
donation today.  We need your help!

You may also send your donation to:
John Entwistle Foundation
Library Project