Tommy exhibit at R'n'R Hall of Fame opens April 7

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 06:15:33 CST 2005

The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland:
http://www.rockhall.com
has a special exhibit on the history of Tommy opening
April 7. Here's a repost of an article about it from
eleven months ago:

>From the Cleveland Plain-Dealer at:
http://shorterlink.com/?4TDD8X

Rock Hall plans exhibit on Who's 'Tommy'
04/20/04
John Soeder
Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic

The pinball wizard is coming to Cleveland.

"Tommy," The Who's landmark 1969 album about a
pinball-playing "deaf, dumb and blind kid," will be
the focus of an exhibition set to open this fall at
the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. The
installation coincides with the 35th anniversary of
the release of "Tommy."

"It's regarded as the first rock opera," said Jim
Henke, the Rock Hall's chief curator. "And The Who is
one of the great rock bands. Anything we can do with
them is worthwhile."

"Tommy" was made into a 1975 film directed by Ken
Russell and starring Who singer Roger Daltrey in the
title role. In the 1990s, "Tommy" was reincarnated as
a Tony Award-winning Broadway musical.

The Rock Hall is working with Who guitarist Pete
Townshend, the band's principal songwriter, to round
up "Tommy" artifacts.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com