Honesty

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Mar 6 11:28:31 CST 2005

> I'd say it's more likely some conversation they've had that set Roger off.

Seems that way, doesn't it?  I thought their relationship had developed to
the point where they could be honest & open with each other, but now
it seems like Roger is using that old standby of criticizing Pete via the
press.  Perhaps they're not on speaking terms at the moment.

> > Could it be that Pete is lashing out at Daltrey because there *is*
> > some jealousy over Daltrey's recent accolades?
>
> Sure.  There's got to be.  It's human to feel that way, and somehow I don't
> think Pete is the type who can bottle emotions up.

Remember a while back I spoke of how their roles seem to have reversed.
Pete is now sometimes seen as the boneheaded reactionary (due to his
computer fiasco) while Daltrey has made great strides in becoming re-
spected & admired for his commitment to charity.

But, let's not forget the tons of recent press articles that have mentioned
the genius of Pete *without* mentioning his arrest.  Pete is still greatly
respected in the rock community.  His arrest hasn't really diminished that.
Artists are still quick to admit his influence.  No one seems afraid to
associate with Pete.

But, all this means nothing if Pete has convinced himself that he is a
pariah in society.  He'll need more than a few articles not mentioning
his arrest to get beyond that.

And maybe it has nothing to do with his arrest.  Maybe he's just decided
he doesn't want to do another Who album or tour - and *that* has set
Daltrey off.

> From his last reports and from the tours, it seemed that things were
> going fairly well,

Yeah, he seemed genuinely happy to be performing again - after the
shocking prospect that he might not be able to leave England while on
"the list."  If that had been the case - who knows how he would've
reacted.

But Pete has always said playing live is easy.  Trying to create another
Who album, in 2005, is another matter entirely.

- SCHRADE in Akron