Honesty

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat Mar 5 22:06:12 CST 2005

> I was hoping for some good discussion about how Pete can
> overcome spiritually,

Well, he seemed to get some relief by delving into his work.
Spending time on the 5.1 TOMMY & QUAD, etc.  But I can't
help but feel the shock of his ordeal is wearing off & he is
slipping into depression again.

I have no proof of this, obviously.  It's all conjecture.  Maybe
he's feeling backed into a corner with this new album Daltrey
keeps clamoring for.  Perhaps that explains Daltrey's frustra-
tion in the recent interview.

Notice Daltrey says Pete "doesn't understand other people
& he fails to appreciate them."  And then - *immediately
after that statement* - Daltrey adds that Pete "never under-
stood...that he'd never have made it without The Who & that
makes me feel sorry for him."

Sounds like Daltrey feels that Pete doesn't appreciate *him!*
And that's pissing him off.

Why is Pete rejecting The Who?  Why is Pete rejecting Daltrey?

In another segment Daltrey speaks of Pete's "jealousy."  Re-
garding the smashing of instruments & whether or not Pete
started it because Daltrey was pulling all the birds, Daltrey says,
"Then again, knowing Pete, it probably also had something to
do with jealousy on his part."

Could it be that Pete is lashing out at Daltrey because there *is*
some jealousy over Daltrey's recent accolades?

Pete sits in his house, a registered sex offender, while Daltrey
meets the Queen & is celebrated for his charity work.  And
now, Daltrey keeps nagging about new songs & a new album.
Could Pete be thinking, "Roger, just....go....away.  Leave me
alone.  Stop talking nonsense about this new Who album.
The Who are shit & always have been.  Fuck off."

I guess we'll have to wait for a Pete interview, or a website
diary entry to get a better understanding of his current mood.

- SCHRADE in Akron