Roger in Uncut

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat Mar 5 21:39:56 CST 2005

> Joe Overton has just posted this at the RogerDaltrey list, but it's a jpg
> file.  Is there a way to post it for this group?  How does Photobucket work?
>   If I post a URL can you guys see it without my password?
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/pkeets/RD-Uncut-April-2005.jpg
>
> If you can access the link, it will probably look very small and you'll have
> to zoom to read it.

Worked fine.  Thanks, Keets.

Interesting.  Roger wasn't really being baited by the reporter.  Yes, he
does sound in bad mood.  Missing are the accolades he has recently
showered on Pete.  The main point of the interview seems to be:  Pete
is a cunt & he's full of shit.  For example:

==========
INTERVIEWER: Townshend says he hopes to be forgotten in his lifetime.
Do you feel the same way?

DALTREY:  You believe Pete when he says that, do you?  Because he's
talking bollocks again.  I'll tell you what Pete's problem is.  He doesn't
understand other people & he fails to appreciate them.  What he's never
understood is that he'd never have made it without The Who & that makes
me feel sorry for him.  According to Pete, The Who are a load of old shit
anyway.  If he believes that, then it makes him look a bit stupid when he
goes out on tour with us.  As for being remembered, I don't give a fuck
& I never did.

There seems to be a lot of frustration in this interview.  Mainly directed at
Pete.  The subject of a new Who album isn't even mentioned.  Sounds
like trouble in doggy-land to me.

- SCHRADE in Akron