Roger Interview in UNCUT (April 2005 issue)

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 20:08:20 CST 2005

>>Remember a few years ago when Pete was on Letterman and he couldn't resist
>blasting Roger for touring with the British Rock Symphony?

>pete didn't blash roger for touring with the BRS. Letterman just asked how
roger was doing and he mentioned that "he's on tour with a big symphony
orchestra" to which he put on like a silly "interesting.." face on to which
dave
started laughing hysterically and dave asked "well, is that good?" and pete
sorta
went, "well, yeah.." in a joking way and then said that bill curbishley
"wants
the world to know that he dosen't actually manager roger daltrey. just on
the
good things he does". now, that could mean anything ("vampirella", "buddy's
song", DST, etc.) it was all in good fun, nothing serious. what he WAS
serious
about was saying that he and roger now have a friendship that they've never
had
before. that's blasting rog? I don't think so myself..

Right.  I thought it was really fun and entertaining, too.  However, I do
think it was revealing of their opinions on the project--that Curbishley
didn't want to be associated with it.  Roger said later that it was
difficult and that if it hadn't been for the kids involved he would have
quit.  I gather that the equipment and the support musicians didn't please
him on that first tour because the next year he had Simon Townshend and Zak
Starkey along.

keets