The Queen's Reception

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:44:01 CST 2005

Here's still another article about the reception, plus Gates' honorary
knighthood.  However, this one mentions something left out of the other
articles.  Check that last sentence.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/03/02/features/peepthu2.html

Excerpt:

The billionaire Microsoft founder Bill Gates has been awarded an honorary
knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II. Gates, accompanied by wife Melinda, was
made a knight in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London in recognition of
his worldwide business achievements and his charitable work for global
health. Queen Elizabeth was also busy this week meeting four of Britain's
most famous guitarists, asking them: "And what do you do?" Brian May of
Queen, Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck were all
guests at a palace party to honor the British music industry. "It's great to
meet her, and it doesn't matter at all that she did not know who we are or
what we do," Clapton said. "I wouldn't expect her to." Other guests included
Charlotte Church, Cilla Black, Shirley Bassey, Roger Daltrey and Geri
Halliwell. The queen announced a new prize, the Queen's Medal for Music,
open to musicians of any nationality who have had an impact on music in
Britain. It will be awarded on Nov. 22.