Roger meets Queen again for his birthday

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 17:48:26 CST 2005

They're getting to be right old pals!
>From Associated Press at:
http://tinyurl.com/682s7

Queen hosts British music reception, but doesn't
recognize some famous guests

LONDON (AP) - The Queen met four of Britain's most
famous guitarists Tuesday, asking them: "And what do
you do?"

Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton,
and Brian May of the group Queen, were all guests at a
Buckingham Palace party to honour the British music
industry. "It's great to meet her and it doesn't
matter at all that she did not know who we are or what
we do. I wouldn't expect her to," Clapton said after
introducing himself to the Queen.

Other guests at Tuesday's royal reception included
Welsh teenage pop star Charlotte Church, singers Cilla
Black and Shirley Bassey, The Who's Roger Daltry and
former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell.

Another guest, recording artist Phil Collins, said it
was the not the first time he had met the Queen.

"The Queen has heard my music but I don't know if
she's a fan," Collins said.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com