The Iron Giant

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 22 23:04:10 CST 2005

BTW, I finally got to see the IRON GIANT movie tonight, and now I have an
idea why it wasn't more successful as a movie.  It's too demanding for a
children's movie these days.  I think the script would have done well for a
movie with real actors, but it should have been made by Spielberg, maybe.

I'm not sure why it was so demanding, but the problem is obvious right away.
  Following the bit about Sputnik?  The fifties climate?  A historical
setting?  Dense artwork?   Whatever, it's still a very good movie, but maybe
more for adults than children.

keets